Jesus guy!
I have never quite understood why God chose me. I am a nobody, a dufus if you will. I go back to 1st Samuel 16 when we are introduced to David as a young boy when God calls him out to be His servant. His response goes like this..."who am I" as in , who am I that the creator God would choose me to do His work. This is exactly why God says that David is a man after his own heart because David even as a young boy recognized who God is and placed his entire identity in Him. If you asked David what defined him he would say it is my God. As much as I have rebelled against Him in my life it has always been my desire to be defined by God and not by man, after all God looks on the heart and man looks at the outward appearance. I want to be defined and refined by the work of Jesus, we call this the gospel. This is why I am a Jesus guy.With any job or anything I have ever done in my life Jesus always challenges me to meet people and talk about the gospel . As a carpet cleaner people would open up and spill their guts while I was working in their home, I would talk about Jesus, As a cook people would say "your one of those Jesus guys right, what do you think about...." I would talk about Jesus.
Now as a pastor I get to talk about Jesus and bring the influence of the gospel everywhere and get paid to do it. I cant help it, I love Jesus, His church and lost people it is who I am because He is who He is.
Who am I? Just a Jesus guy...what about you?
No comments:
Post a Comment